Bad Blogger. Gone so long I’d nearly forgotten my password and they changed everything. That’s what you get I suppose.
In my defense, I’ve been rather busy.
I’ve continued working on my stories to pursue that dream of shifting from writer to author. Tens of thousands of words later, the singular story has grown into 5+. Exciting. Terrifying. Time consuming.
Additionally, I’ve taken on the added position of Product Specialist at my Athleta job. LOVE. I work with a great team. It’s all in the beginning stages, but I’m really having fun.
So what do you do when you’re brain is overwhelmed by athletic clothes and stories and you should be picking up the apartment? Why, plan a road trip of course.
My family wants me home for a week for my siblings’ graduations next spring. Done. I also want to pick up my car from them. I would roadtrip it back across the West. Always wanted to. Excellent writer’s fodder.
The rough draft:
- Start in Green Bay, WI
- Visit family in Eau Claire, WI
- Visit family and friends near Minneapolis, MN
- See Mount Rushmore near Keystone, SD
- See Grand Tetons National Park near Jackson Hole, WY
- Visit friends in Livingston, MT
- See Glacier National Park, MT
- Visit friends in Anacortes, WA
- See Victoria or Vancouver, Canada
- See Hoh Rain Forest in Olympic National Park, WA
- Visit friends in Seattle, WA
- See Portland’s coffee shops and Powell’s bookstore
- See Mt. Hood
- See Wizard Island in Crater Lake, OR
- Travel down the PCH toward home stopping along the way